Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Twisted

So this was my first creation since high school: my Halloween costume. It was made from a Twister mat and has a lining in the bodice to prevent sticking to the material. In the picture I am also wearing a crinoline to add fullness to the base of the dress and give it that fun, puffy effect. I made my headpiece out of the spinner board, which I attached to a headband. I also cut it down to just the color wheel, so that it wouldn't feel so heavy. I turned the box into a purse by gluing the bottom together and cutting the edges to allow it to swing open. I added a cloth handle and supports inside the box so that it would not fall open and secured the top with a metal button fastener. I also wore a colorful belt and chose a bright red zipper to add more color to the costume.  I finished the ensemble with red ankle socks, yellow heels, and funky rainbow fake eyelashes to complete the look. Here are some pictures of me in my dress on Halloween night.


 Me in my Twister dress



Here's a picture of my husband as the Monopoly Man and me in my dress made from a Twister game



And here is me and the girls in our costumes

No comments:

Post a Comment