Thursday, August 23, 2018

1950's Minnie Dress

Having been busy with work and starting a family, it wasn't until I dusted off my sewing machine to help a friend with a project that I decided to pick up some of my sewing projects.

As an avid Disneyphile who's lived within a hour's drive of a Disney park for the past decade it was about time that I made myself a Minnie Mouse dress. Since Disneyland was built in the 1950's it was only appropriate that my dress should reflect the iconic style of the time. I got this great retro pattern, some fun Minnie and Mickey buttons, and a pair of mouse ears from a party store that I could add a custom bow to. It was a pretty easy, straightforward pattern and I'm excited to wear it when we go back down to the parks in October.

Here's the retro dress pattern. Unfortunately my dogs got to the pattern. Luckily they missed most of the instructions and only got some of the cover.

Sewing the pleats took a few tries since I hadn't sewn anything in a while.


The fun Minnie and Mickey buttons to attach the front of the dress.

Here's the dress folded with the custom bow attached to the Minnie Mouse ears.

The resulting 1950's Minnie dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment